Memory of David as a Teenager

        
« on: June 16, 2014, 01:29:07 PM »
My memory of the exact years I knew David is not good.  It was certainly between 1955 and 1959. I first met him at one of the monthly meetings of the Birmingham branch of the Society of Recorder Players, at the Martineau Teachers Centre on Bristol Road, Birmingham.  We both lived in Moseley and four or five of us teenagers, including David, met to play at my flat in School Road. Our repertoire was limited to a few Schott publications. I remember an SRP members' concert at Birmingham with Dr Walter Bergmann in the audience, at which three us of played, with David on the bassoon. I lost all contact with David when I went away in 1959 to do my National Service, as a gunner.  I wish I could remember more!
 
 
Barry Cooper/ David Munrow Forum

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Performance Practice of David Munrow and the Early Music Consort of London : Medieval Music in the 1960s and 1970s

Overview of the Munrow Archive

Welcome to the Early Music Legend....